From:
Valerie Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 22:08:17 -0600
    After doing some research into museums in Western Africa, I came across a wonderful book which might help you in your needs assessment project. The book is Plundering Africa's Past edited by Peter Schmidt and Roderick McIntosh. An essay of particular interest to you would be one
authored by Merrick Posnansky entitled, "Coping with the Collapse in the 1990's: West African Museums, Universities, and National Patrimonies", 1996, Indiana University Press. Hope this helps. Let us know your progress.         Valerie