From:
"William S. Hanable" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 12:55:51 -0800
Professor Thomson:

A distance education option would be good.  A thesis requirement is needed
to assure that graduates have the ability to collect and synthesize data and
present the results in a coherent way.  Graduates should have a good
theoretical knowledge of collections management, conservation principles,
exhibit development and design, non-profit management, and public
administration.  Graduates should have a more in-depth knowledge of at least
one of those areas, preferably enhanced by an internship.  Internships can
also give students opportunities to determine if they will be more
comfortable in non-profit organizations, government institutions or
university settings, etc.

It is very important that graduates of a master's program have acquired, at
the undergraduate level or as a part of graduate education, substantive
knowledge of an appropriate discipline such as art history or history
(thematic, regional, national, or international).

I would be interested to know the results of your query.

William S. Hanable
Managing Director, Westport Maritime Museum
Westport, WA