From:
Jennifer Wexler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:24:00 -0400
Dear Museum-L members:
I'm writing  to announce the first issue of Archaeology World Report.  Archaeology World Report is a new publication focusing on archaeological and cultural heritage projects/issues throughout the world.

Articles include:

- Here be Penguins: Archaeology in the Antarctic

- Comparison and History of the Works of Maginot and Siegfried Line

- Archaeology of the Mapungubwe: A World Heritage Site in the central Limpopo Valley Republic of South Africa

- Leg Irons and the Lash: Port Arthur's Historic Convict Site

- The Yoshinogari Site: Japan's Largest Site of an Ancient Moat-enclosed Settlement

-Summaries of projects in Greenland, USA, Iraq, Egypt, East Timor, Australia, Britain, Alaska, Cyprus, Canada, and Belgium

-Book Reviews of "Ancient Ochres: Aboriginal Rock Paintings of Mount Borradaile", "Pottery in Britain 4000 BC to AD 1900", and "Britain 3000 BC"

Individual Issues are avaliable for AUD$10, US$7 or 4 pounds.

Subscriptions are also available at a discounted price (AUD$45, US$35).

If you are in the  U.S. contact me for details/orders at: [log in to unmask]
Shipping is included in the price.

If you are from elsewhere contact Karl-James Langford at: [log in to unmask]

At Archaeology World Report we aim to promote campaigns and to undertake the same, to STOP the illegal trade in antiquities. Also we aim to secure governmental support to legislate for Metal Detecting. Eventually we will use funds from sales of the magazine, to establish new archaeological services and museums in third world countries.

Visit: www.archaeologyworldreport.com

Thank you,
Jennifer

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.