From:
安井 亮 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 1997 05:25:00 +0900
FROM:Yasui R.
Dear Friends,
Currently I am preparing an article on museums which are located in railway st
ations. I would be most thankful if somebody could kindly suggest me names and
 locations of museums and galleries which are operating in the premises of rai
lway stations.
The followings are the ones which I have come across already.

Tokyo Station Gallery/ Tokyo Station, Japan/ non collecting art gallery/ estab
lished and run by Japan Railways (once a state run monopoly)/ 1991 open.
Kindermuseum/ Munich Central Station, Germany/ children's museum/ NPO/ adminis
tration offices are outside of the station but they have exhibition facilities
 in the Munich Bahnhof (=station)/ open 1993.
Miami Children's Museum/ Metrorail Station, Miami USA/ NPO/ start-up: 1999/ cu
rrently located as a temporary facility in a shopping mall/ current name: Miam
i Youth Museum.
I know the Museum Center in Cinicinatti, USA is located in a huge terminal sta
tion which is no more a station.
It would be nice to share information about this subject with others on the Mu
seum-L. So please forward your generous suggestions on the line, thank you.

Yours very truly,

Ryo
YASUI R.
Lecturer (Tamagawa University)