From:
"Mary L. Kirby" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:09:48 -0600
Do your portraits have to be under glass? Our small museum has a section
we call "People who made a difference" where we have portraits, some 5X7,
some 8X10 of individuals or a family in one case flush mounted on
masonite covered with double stick film acquired from CODA in New Jersey.
A couple of the pictures are showing their wear and tear since they were
mounted by velcroe in 1996, but we have the copy negatives of the older
photos and can print another copy whenever we want.

Just a suggestion. :-)

Mary Kirby
Historic Upshur Museum

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 19:28:23 -0800 Kimberly Radtke &/or Keith Routley
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
> Hi, I am planning to frame a portrait photograph for display in a
> small historical museum. What is the current "museum standard" for
> picture frame glass? Tru Vue Museum Glass? Non glare Conservation
> Glass? Plexiglas? Acrylite? Please mention any economical sources
> for the prefered glazing material. Thanks, Keith

> Important Subscriber Information:
>
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
>
> If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!