From:
"Weitekamp, Margaret" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 11:38:46 -0400
Be aware that women's shelters and sexual assault resources in your area
probably redistribute cell phones to rape/domestic violence survivors.
For a survivor, knowing that she has a phone (usually programmed only to
dial 911) to call for help if she needs to can make a world of
difference.

The tremendous suffering from Katrina shouldn't make us forget the
people in our own backyards who also need help.  If you have the
resources to do both, please do.