From:
Ericka Mason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:06:13 -0400
If you are looking for patterns for turn of the century clothing, I suggest
Past Patterns  http://www.pastpatterns.com/
They have a very nice line of patterns that are very well researched and
well illustrated.  If you are looking for a company to make clothing, that
is much harder to pin down.  There are hundreds of companies that specialize
in "period clothing", most however, despite what they claim, are very ill
researched and poorly constructed.  Most tend to be far too Hollywood in
style, color and fabric choices.  I have dealt with a few companies that are
quite nice to work with such as Revamp out of California
http://www.revampvintage.com/.  They make a top quality product in a timely
manner.  When talking to your supplier, ask them what clothing collections
they have studied in, what reference books they keep in their library, and
also for a list of customer references you can call and check up on.  If
they are missing any of the above, continue your quest.  Period clothing is
far to strong a tool in communicating with your visitors to settle for half
measures.

Good Luck,   Ericka

Ericka Mason
Period Clothing Department