From:
"C.Pettitt" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 1994 10:16:44 BST
For what its worth, my view as a fairly new user of the Internet is that I
do not feel the need to conceal my address, even if sometimes it may be
used to generate messages that are of no interest to me.

After all, it is e-MAIL, and my 'snail-mail' address is already available
in various directories so any one can (and does) send me lots of junk mail
in the post.  I find that it actually takes less time to scan the first
few lines of an email, decide it is 'junk', and hit the delete button,
than it does to slit open an envelope, unfold the contents, scan and bin
it; and at least junking email doesn't waste the forest.

I will follow this discussion with interest, as there may well be
something I've overlooked here.

Regards,
Bill P.

* Charles (Bill) Pettitt           *     Keeper of Invertebrates     *
*                                  *      (& network supervisor)     *
* E-mail: [log in to unmask]      *     Manchester Museum           *
*                                  *     University of Manchester    *
* Tel: +44.(0)61.275.2666          *     Manchester  M13 9PL         *
* Fax: +44.(0)61.275.2676          *     United Kingdom              *
* "I enjoy deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they   *
*  fly by" (Douglas Adams)                                           *