From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 2005 06:34:16 -0700
We've talked here several times about MuseDocs, the
"share drive" I created for your benefit on
Yahoogroups.  Almost 500 of you are signed up there,
and several of you have posted documents in our Files
section that are free for the taking.

It's probably a little soon to think about the
restoration of facilities that were damaged by Katrina
and her after effects, but among the things most
probably lost were paper files, forms, and computers.
They will probably have to start over from scratch if
there's any salvageability.

Maybe you have things you use on computer medium that
could benefit these agencies, forms, contracts,
policies, conservation/restoration manuals, and more
that will give them tools to make the arduous task of
saving what can be saved and "bringing it back to
life" easier.

In the days ahead, perhaps you'll consider posting it
to MuseDocs and letting folks from the affected areas
know it is there for the taking.  They may have to
download at Kinkos or library, but it may save them a
lot of hassle and frustration.

You'll also be helping yourselves.  There isn't a week
that goes by that someone says they need something and
does anyone have a such and such document followed by
countless send it to me toos.  You can put this up on
"your electronic library" and have it available for
all to share.

This is a pro bono service with no profits incurred
(at least by me) for your hard work.  Why reinvent the
wheel.  If you each share with one another, it can
make your lives significantly easier, and especially
the lives of those who have already been so troubled.

To post your files, go to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MuseDocs  Sign on.
Click on the files section, and on the right side,
you'll see an "Add File" link.  Be sure to describe
what software and a description of what the document
is (you have to be brief).

Just something to think about.  I'm sure many of you
have lots of tools that could help your comrades.

Indigo Nights