From:
Diane Forsberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 1997 21:10:11 +0000
Sorry this is my first posting and I forgot to write anything under subject
on my first try.  So here it is agian with a stated subject.

Does anyone know of  a Convention and Visitors Bureau that has a museum or
permanent exhibition in the same building?  The Clayton County Convention
and Visitors Bureau has moved to Jonesboro's old train depot.  They are
renting their space from  Historical Jonesboro Inc. and want to open a
museum in the portion of the depot they do not use for offices, the
visitors center and gift shop.  The proposed  exhibition space is 1500
square feet. The audience they have in mind includes local adults, tourists
and school groups.  They are also thinking of renting the "museum" space out
for special events to help raise money to operate the new space.  Any ideas,
warnings or information about similar arrangements would be appreciated.