From:
Christine Mouw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 15:53:54 -0500
John:

As you can see from my e-mail address, I'm technically an Archives
employee, so although I may not have all of your answers, I feel kind
of compelled to respond.  (Good grief, this couldn't be agency
loyalty, could it?)

Anyway. . . .Yes, NARA does have a website.  It is simply:
www.nara.gov

You can access an online database of some of NARA's Audiovisual
records from the website.  It's called NAIL (it stands for NARA's
AudioVisual Information List or something like that)  and it's easy
to find on the website.  There's also a place to ask questions about
NAIL, and the general inquiry address for all of NARA is

I'm sorry I can't give you the name of an AV archivist to contact--I
don't have that much contact with AV types in DC--but I hope this
helps.

Christine Mouw
Assistant Curator
Herbert Hoover Presidential Library-Museum
West Branch, IA  52358

>>> John Handley <[log in to unmask]> - 1/31/97 11:55 AM >>>
    I am seeking to find images of several somewhat famous people who
    lived at the turn-of-the-century, and if I recall, the National
    Archives has quite a photo collection.  Does anyone know if thay
    have a web site or email address?  For that matter, any other
good
    sources for photos would also be appreciated.

    Thanks.

    John Handley
    San Francisco