From:
Sasha Krasutskaya <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2010 13:09:41 -0400
I am very interested in this topic. i am also trying to figure out
most versatile/easy to update/easy-to-use/ database-driven exhibition
web-page.

I am not sure that the following is along the lines of your inquiry,
as it has to do more with the capacity of searching existing
collection database online.

Past Perfect museum software has the ability to adopt for online use,
such as a very controllable search/ browse of the collection. I am not
sure how easy it is to use. If anybody used PastPerfect online
capability, please share your experience. I would like to find out has
friendly it is to build the online function.

Pros: Since Past Perfect is a museum collection management program, it
already generates a detailed database. Online search/browse function
is great, because it skips the step of generating a whole new
database, but uses the existing one. The search function is versatile
and allows detailed search.
Cons: Judging from examples that I saw, it is NOT very good looking
design. It is possible that it can be redesigned.

Past Perfest link: http://www.museumsoftware.com/
PastPerest Online: http://www.museumsoftware.com/pponline.shtml

Examples:
http://www.pastperfect-online.com/