From:
Stephanie Dilk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 2009 08:27:01 -0400
Kyle,

First off, congrats on the completion of your degree, that is certainly
an accomplishment!

I wanted to let you know that if you look through archived discussions
from this list you'll find a number of internships that have been posted
over the course of the last few weeks...so I'd recommend taking some
time to siphon through those.

Also, if you weren't aware, there is a listserve called "museum ed" that
you may want to look into joining. The people on that particular list
tend to be more focused on the programmatic end of the spectrum, as
opposed to Museum-L, which includes a more broad spectrum of museum
professionals. So, if you're specifically hoping for a programmatic
experience, you might have better luck siphoning through the internship
postings on that list. Here's that link:

http://www.museum-ed.org/content/blogcategory/32/66/

Lastly, I can tell you that the museum I currently work for, Minnetrista
(located in Muncie, IN) is in the process of filling internship
experiences for the summer, so you're certainly welcome to look through
our internship guide to determine if we're offering what you're looking
for. We do offer a stipend upon completion of the internship experience,
but it's not like weekly or biweekly pay system, as with other
places...so that might make a difference to you. Our website is
www.minnetrista.net. On there you'll find our internship guide
explaining the opportunities that are available.

Good luck in your search and I hope this email will be of help to you.

Sincerely,
Stephanie Dilk

Minnetrista Cultural Center
 1200 MInnetrista Parkway