From:
Julia Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:00:28 -0500
A restricted line-item in a budget is not an endowment.  An endowment is
investment principal and generates interest, which is either available
to spend or plowed back into the principal.  If you intend to spend the
entire grant amount then you are not requesting a contribution to an
endowment.  Having the line-item restricted is actually a plus--the
granting agency knows that you will not spend the money on anything else
except the publication(s).

Best,

Julia Muney Moore
Public Art Administrator