From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Feb 2006 15:55:04 +1300
Welcome to this edition of DINOSAURNEWS - the international Dinosaur Webzine
with bite!

This Week's Headlines: (For the FULL STORY visit the NEWS section of the
webzine at this address: http://www.dinosaurnews.org )

**  Not Dinos But: How did the chicken eat his food? With teeth
The discovery also sheds light on the molecular and developmental mechanisms
behind tooth loss and beak growth in birds, giving palaeontologists a
bird's-eye view of the biological processes that took place millions of
years ago, as one line of a raptor-like dinosaur crossed the taxonomic
boundary from reptile to bird

**  'Fossils for sale' seized in US
Fossilised dinosaur eggs are worth several thousand dollars US customs
agents say they have seized eight tonnes of prehistoric fossils - including
dinosaur eggs - which they suspect were smuggled from Argentina

**  Wanted: other half of T. rex Stan
The New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science got $50,000 from the
Legislature to buy a high-quality cast of Stan, a Tyrannosaurus rex skeleton
found in South Dakota

**  Other Fossil News: Beaver-tailed mammals mixed with dinosaurs
A furry, aquatic mammal with the flat tail of a beaver and teeth for eating
fish swam during the time of the dinosaurs, palaeontologists say

**  Fossils of dinosaurs dating back 120 mln years unearthed
Archaeologists in the province found an almost intact a set of dinosaur
fossil which is more than 10 meters long and 2.3 meters high
lists. Simply send an email to: [log in to unmask]

**  Experts clash over demise of the dinosaur
Now a bitter row has broken out on CCNet, a scholarly electronic network,
over a paper by Peter Schulte of the Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg and
colleagues in the journal Sedimentary Geology: they conclude that two cores
drilled in Brazos, Texas, provide new support for the much-loved disaster
movie scenario

**  Czech, Mongolian scientists preparing joint dinosaur expedition
Czech and Mongolian scientists are preparing a joint dinosaur expedition to
the Gobi Desert in southern Mongolia

**  The Field Museum's Dinosaur Exhibition Opens Evolving Planet
Evolving Planet will take visitors on an awe-inspiring journey through four
billion years of life from single-celled organisms to towering dinosaurs and
our extended human family

**  Students find rare dinosaur's bone near Kutna Hora
Students from Charles University who were collecting fossilised shells in
the Kutna Hora area, east Bohemia, have found another dinosaur's bone on the
same place where a thighbone of a dinosaur of the same species was found two
years ago

**  Call For Students - Interested in pursuing a career in the earth/life
sciences?

**  Pangea Institute has scheduled our popular Fossil Float down the Peace
River for March 24th through 26th, 2006

DINOSAURNEWS webzine now read in 80 countries. Hundreds of Dinosaur Books,
The latest Dinosaur News, Dinosaur Games, Dinolinks and a Dinomall. Read
something ferocious this week: http://www.dinosaurnews.org

SEND US YOUR NEWS: Does your Museum have a dinosaur focus? Put us on your
media database. We welcome your news of events, discoveries and exhibitions

GET YOUR LOCAL MUSEUM TO ADD our RSS news feed to their web site, at this
address: http://www4.wave.co.nz/~jollyroger/dino2004/dinosaur.xml

What our readers say:

I must say first that I subscribe to your E-mail news letters and read them
voraciously for book ideas. The news blurbs are such a wonderful service to
us dino fanciers!
Christine Gentry - author of 'Mesozoic Murder 'and 'Carnosaur Crimes'

Thank you for an interesting, useful site. I recommend it to teachers who
continue to contact me after 6 years of retirement. I also volunteer at the
local science museum and recommend your site to the many children who visit
it.
Marvin Selnes, Sioux Falls, SD

Thank You for the excellent coverage you've given my ongoing research.
Best regards,
Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D., Affiliate Faculty, Idaho Museum of Natural
History