From:
Matthew Nickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 1994 09:17:11 +1100
On Fri, 19 Aug 1994, Matthew Nickson wrote:

> To all those museums who offer online access to their databases, images
> or online exhibits I am interested in obtaining ONE ( I repeat one week
> only ) weeks statistics of the users of your services. These statistics
> are available from your systems administrators.
>
> I want to compare usage of available online museum resources against such
> things as information types, the latest Internet survey of usage by country
> , days of the week etc.
>
> To this end the information I require is the following:
>
> 1. Type of service available ( Gopher, Mosaic, etc )
>
> 2. Type of material ( database(text), images, online exhibit etc)
>
> 3. Statistics showing how many requests per day of that week
>
> 4. Statistics showing client domain by subdomain per country domain per week
>
> Please choose the most recent week when all the schools, colleges and
> universities in your country are NOT on holidays.
>
> I realise that it is only early days and that people don't know what's
> available, etc. etc. etc. etc. but.
>
> Files MUST be sent to me at the following address. Do not send to the
> MUSUEM-L list.
>
> Files should be emailed to my personal address:

> or if there is trouble with that then send it:
>
> using anonymous FTP to pioneer.mov.vic.gov.au.
>

> Thank you
>
> Matthew Nickson.

To all those interested my private email address is
the following :

                not as in the original posting.

*         Matthew Nickson         * Museum Of Victoria,Australia     *
*  [log in to unmask] *  Photographic Archive Project    *
*       Ph. +61 3 392 4821        *       Fax. +61 3 399 2028        *