Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 10:12:22 EDT
Emily and Doug,

The Museums At Prophetstown is now under development, but would be interested
in participating in such a program.  When completed, we will have a 1920-era
living history farm, a Native American Cultural Complex with both historic and
pre-historic living history villages, and a 200-acre prairie
restoration/environmental education center.   The project will open in phases
beginning in 2000.  See our website at:
                          http:dcwi.com/~prophet/Welcome.html

Sounds like a very interesting program with Harris Seeds.  For the past ten
years, while directing the work of the former Minnetrista Council for Great
Lakes Native American Studies, which since 1994 has become the Prophetstown
Council for Preservation of Great Lakes Native American Culture, I have been
collecting Native American beans, corn, squash, and gourds which we will now
grow in an 8-acre Native American Garden in the NA Cultural Complex.  My wife,
Verona is now vice president of the Indiana Gourd Society.  So we have a
common interest in growing and preserving these plants.  Unfortunately, the
Indian people from whom I collected the seeds did not know the varieties and I
have never taken the time to do the research.  It takes all me time just to
keep the open pollinated plants pure.

At any rate, we would be interested in the Heirloom Seed Partnership.  Thanks!

Nick Clark, Executive Director