From:
Angela Kipp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2013 19:58:18 +0200
Dear colleagues,

When I first saw pictures from the project “Skeletons in the Closet” by
Klaus Pichler, I was overwhelmed. Somebody did something I and certainly
many of my colleagues have often thought about: someone should take a
picture of THAT. A deer looks flabbergasted at a fox, a dinosaur is lost
in ladders, short: the beautiful and absurd compositions that appear
when collections and everyday museum work meet...

I asked him if we could show some of his pictures on "Registrar Trek"
and he replied "if the people who work with the objects every day
understand my approach and my impressions I'm really glad". He was so
happy that he wrote a text exclusively for us about how it was working
together with the staff members at the Natural History Museum in Vienna.
Enjoy the read:

http://world.museumsprojekte.de/?p=1624

More pictures from the "Skeletons in the closet" series can be found here:

http://www.kpic.at/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=30&Itemid=53&limitstart=6

Book: ‘Skeletons in the Closet’, photos by Klaus Pichler, texts by Klaus
Pichler, Julia Edthofer and Herbert Justnik, english edition, will be
released on June 15, 2013, limited to 750 copies (numbered by hand),
hardbound, 112 pages, 63 pictures. Price: € 30,- plus P & P. Can be
ordered via the homepage of Klaus Pichler <http://www.kpic.at>.

Best wishes
Angela

Angela Kipp