Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 08:20:04 EST
With reference to learning "local cost of living," I would
point out (as a shameless library pusher) that the Dept of
Labor publishes C of L figures for a whole host of areas across
the U. S. As I dimly recall, these are biennial, and arrayed by
SMSA. Apologies to those non-U.S. listers, who find our
insularity parochial.
The Ref desk at a local public or academic library ought to be
able to get these for you, or better, show you how to find
them for yourself, thus liberating you.
Henry Grunder
Conservation/Preservation Coordinator
The Library of Virginia