From:
Joan Pacos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 1999 20:31:35 -0700
Hello,

I am working on a school research paper to develop options for a museum
to design, manage, and market its website with minimal resources
available to them. Does this sound familiar?!!

I'm very interested in how you all are doing it. This paper was
conceived from the needs of a small to mid-size Center for the Arts and
Humanities. It will include research in website management, ecommerce
and design.

I'd be more than happy to share my research with you. Please take a few
minutes to respond to these questions:

1) Do you host your own site or contract with an internet service
provider or outside design firm?

2a) Do you have a dedicated staff person(s) to manage your website? How
many? What is their background/job description? Full or part time? Did
their position evolve out of another museum position?

2b) Do you hire a contract person or company to manage your website?
In what capacity? (ie. updates, maintenance, redesign, new features)

3) How often do you update your website?

4) Does your institution find value in investing resources to maintain
its website? How?

5) Do you use your website as a marketing tool? How? (ie. on-line ticket
sales, gift shop, etc.)

6) Would you be willing to discuss your museum's website evolution in
more detail?

Thanks so much in advance. Any other thoughts, concerns, or discussion
is certainly welcome.

Joan Pacos

Museum-L" (without the quotes).