From:
Dick Rodstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 22:03:54 -0700
> well yea and up here its led to higher costs of
living,
> numerous strikes, bankrupt companies and companies
> moving south for cheaper labor. I know i worked for
> one in South Carolina now. So please dont tell me
how > great they are today!!!!!!!!!!!!! they lost
touch with what > they were all about

Sorry, you've confused cause and effect. What you
describe comes from globalization and management
rights. The unions are doing exactly what they always
did, it's just the rules of engagement have changed.
Some unions are better than others in figuring that
out, but that's not the cause of your problems.

American workers have always picked up and gone where
the work is. Management now makes similar decisions.
If a company can make a pair of sneakers for fifteen
cents overseas and sell it here in the US for $150,
there's no union on earth can fight that, then or now.
So that's not the unions' losing touch with their
mission, that's being confronted with a whole new and
fairly ugly ballgame.

Museum personnel don't get what they're worth because
someone decides they're not worth it. Your paycheck is
your reality and someone else's opinion.

Cheers,
Dick Rodstein

=====
Dick Rodstein
Voiceovers - Local, National, International
Audio files delivered over the Internet - wav, mp3, etc.
Website: http://www.dickrodstein.com/vo.html
Email: [log in to unmask]
Snailmail: PMB D-22, 332 Bleecker Street, New York, NY 10014
Telephone: (917) 414-5172