From:
laura dickstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 10:09:47 -0400
Hi everyone!  No, I am currently not looking for a job, just information
about the arts scene in a particular area.  My boyfriend and I are
considering a big move from NYC to the Pittsburgh area.  We are hoping to
find a rural area from which we might be able to commute to Pittsburgh.  By
the time we move (next year), I will have completed my doctorate in arts
education with a focus on museum education.  And I will have ten years of
experience as a museum educator in NYC museums. I am wondering if anyone
could suggest a museum or arts education network in which I might find out
more about the art scene in Pittsburgh.  I am thinking of establishing my
own arts organization and I would like to get an insiders view on how
viable he/she thinks it would be for me to do this in the Pittsburgh area,
as well as what is the inside scoop on the arts organizations that already
exist.  Is there a museum education roundtable in Pittsburgh? A newsletter
I might subscribe to? An arts education committee?  Any advise would be
greatly appreciated.  You can contact me off-list.

Laura J. Dickstein
Arts and Museum Education Consultant
EdD, A.B.D., Teachers College Columbia University

Museum-L" (without the quotes).