Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 08:42:44 -0600
Lisa,

We use both Belfort hygrothermographs (which were purchased between 1978 and 1986) and a few ACR dataloggers, which are scattered about the collection.  The nice thing about the hygrothermographs, is that you can walk up to one and just look at it to see what has been going on in the collection, although some dataloggers are made with digital displays as well.  The dataloggers are great, but they can take some time to gather and download and print, so we tend to use those as more of a "record", where we use the hygrothermographs as an "immediate" check of climate in the collections area.

Deborah Winton, Registrar
SAR/IARC
Santa Fe, NM