From:
"Robert O. Dahl" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 1994 09:31:57 -0700
>On Mon, 22 Aug 1994 11:39:07 -0700, Robert O. Dahl wrote:
>>
>>I think we should choose the stories first, then decide what medium most
>>effectively conveys them.
>
>On Tues,23 Aug 1994 Chris Miller wrote:

>I can't agree, I think that the development of the story and the media choices
>must evolve together.(snip)

On Tues 23 Aug (later) Robert replied:

I partially agree. What I was saying was that the media should not dictate
the message. Too often designers who know next to nothing about the field
being interpreted, can warp the message the curatorial staff is trying to
convey because they have some "hot" new medium they want to use. When you
change the story to suit the medium you are getting yourself out on a very
slippery griddle.

Robert O. Dahl
8421 N. Via Tioga
Tucson, AZ 85704 Ph:(602) 797-4752