From:
Emily Rosolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 09:58:03 -0500
Hello, Anna--

I'm not sure whether or not this would be the best place to start, but I
just did a paper on domestic service in the 19th century last semester.
One of the best books I found that may have some leads is called Seven
days a week : women and domestic service in industrializing America by
David M. Katzman.  It's a well-researched book and the bibliography should
have some listings for pamphlets and what have you regarding housekeeping.
 I know I found some articles, too, that cited such pamphlets, so if
you're interested in my bibliography for my paper, I can send it your way.
 Just let me know.

Hope that helps,

Emily Rosolowski