Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 1996 21:02:00 -0400
Hi, I'm a journalist in Portland, Oregon where we are about to host our
first "blockbuster" exhibit: "The Imperial Tombs of China."

I'm working on a story about what the potential impact of the show, on the
museum and on the city. I'm looking for contacts, academics or analysts
who've studied the phenomenon. Of key interest is what the long-term
impact has been on institutions who've ratcheted up their programming and
marketing with such shows. Do blockbusters tend to result in profits and
financial stability? Or just bigger budgets and greater fundraising needs.

Any help will be much appreciated. As I work for a daily newspaper, the
sooner the better.

Thanks
Randy Gragg
The Oregonian