From:
Mark Erik Nielsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 1996 09:08:17 -0500
I think its because the human race hasn't really advanced as much as we'd
like to think it has. The  money we spend on our war machines alone makes
the few remaining enclaves of culture seem minescule. I read somewhere
that now the US spends less money on the arts per-capita than Zaire! When
alls said and done, who's going to wonder: what was it all for?