From:
Timothy McShane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:32:31 -0700
Don't forget, though, there are likely copyright issues to consider in
doing something like this.  The original image may be in the public
domain, but not necessarily the reproduction you would  be enlarging and
re-reproducing.

Tim McShane, Assistant--Cultural History
Medicine Hat Museum and Art Gallery
1302 Bomford Crescent S.W.
Medicine Hat, AB   T1A 5E6
(403) 502-8587

>>> [log in to unmask] 01/15/04 02:50PM >>>
You could create a "Smile on Mona Lisa" or "Pin the Ear on Van Gogh" by
 enlarging a reproduction of the art you want to use and fixing it to
magnetic strip material (the type used for refrigerator magnets).
Laminate the surface and make the smile and ear out of the same magnetic
material. The "canvas-magnet" could be mounted on a sturdy substrate and
hung on the wall. To make it easily portable, use a light material and
hang with velcro.

Lori Hamilton
Sodexho Creative Services
9801 Washingtonian Blvd
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
301-987-4032
301-987-4067 (fax)

> ----------

Masterpiece
> Makers). Has anyone ever seen a Pin the Ear on Van Gough activity or
the
> Smile on Mona Lisa?
>
> Thank you!
>
> December Warren, M.ED
> Executive Director
> Hands On Discovery Children's Museum
> PO Box 14252
> Evansville, IN 47728

> Important Subscriber Information:
>
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
read "help" (without the quotes).

> If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail
read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes).

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
read "help" (without the quotes).

Disclaimer: The information transmitted is intended only for the
addressee and may contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged
material.  Any unauthorized review, distribution or other use of or
the taking of any action in reliance upon this information is
prohibited.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender
and delete or destroy this message and any copies