From:
Eric Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 12:49:33 -0300
The Museums Council of New York City is a 30 year old organization with a
membership of virtually all of New York's not for profit museums.  The
current membership stands at 86 museums.

We hold six to eight meetings each year, held at museums large and small
throughout the City.  The meetings offer an opportunity to socialize with
museum colleagues, have a "behind the scenes" tour of current exhibitions.
We generally have some refreshments, dinner, and a short business meeting.

We also publish a directory of all the museums listing current staff,
admissions, and programmatic information.

We have sponsored Museums Professional Workshops, and are open to all staff
of participating museums.  We recently have encouraged professionals in
fields affiliated with museums, and museums studies students to come the
meetings as well.  If you are interested, you are welcome.

If you would like further information, please contact me by email.

Eric Siegel