From:
allynn wilkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 1996 19:04:26 -0500
I must have missed the persons original post and I too and very distrubed
to hear the extent of his problems.  As to 'our' responsibility as list
members... I'm really not sure.  Are any of you familiar with the case of
Valery Fabrikant who murdered four people at Concordia University in 1992?
 He was an untenured professor who accused other faculty members of
stealing his work.  He posted these accusations and (I believe) threats to
the usenet group sci.research.  A good account of the entire episode can
be found in _Cybersociety: Computer-Mediated Communication and Community_
(Steven G. Jones, editor, Sage Publications, 1995).  The incident was also
the subject for an episode of a Canadian television news program (I forget
which one).

Allynn