From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2007 10:05:06 +0800
Welcome to this edition of DINOSAURNEWS - the international Dinosaur Webzine
with bite!

This Week's Headlines: (For the FULL STORY visit the NEWS section of the
webzine at this address: http://www.dinosaurnews.org )

**  Mum's dino-mite discovery
A dinosaur-dotty mum, who helped discover a missing link in our past, has
been causing a real flutter in the scientific world

**  Rocks and bones make a home
In the Red Desert of southwest Wyoming, Arsenault found fossilized teeth
bones of ancient crocodiles, a portion of a dinosaur bone from the Jurassic
period and part of an Allosaurus tooth

**  Carnegie Museum of Natural History shows off dinosaur exhibit
The Camarasaurus - the most complete skeleton of a sauropod, or long-necked
plant-eating dinosaur ever found - will be displayed in its "death pose,"
the position in which palaeontologists discovered it in 1919

**  Feature Site - Pterosaur Blog site
Includes information about the Wellnhofer pterosaur meeting to be held in
Munich this year

**  Cleveland researcher identifies new dinosaur
Ryan named the creature Albertaceratops nesmoi for its home province, and
for a Canadian rancher, Cecil Nesmo, who has helped dinosaur hunters over
the years

**  Hospital to scan dinosaur skulls
We are CT-scanning the skulls of Stygimoloch and Pachycephalosaurus to see
how they differ and how they are alike
lists. Simply send an email to: [log in to unmask]

**  Other Fossil news - Huge dinosaur-age fossil bone from sea turtle to be
displayed
A significant dinosaur-age fossil bone from one of the largest sea turtles
ever will be temporarily displayed at the Mississippi Museum of Natural
Science

**  Dinosaur sculptors think big
Fifteen years ago, he gave up a bank job on Wall Street to focus on dinosaur
sculpting, a skill that started as untrained tinkering and took off from
there

**  Giant fossils to revitalize small town
The most recent discovery was made in the Sasayama Strata, which dates back
120 million to 140 million years to the Cretaceous Period

**  Kristi Rogers, students, seek to discover dinosaur roots
Uncovering the history of these long-necked, herbivorous dinosaurs may
contribute to our understanding of the break-up of Pangea, as well as delve
deeper into the knowledge of dinosaur life

**  Two dinosaur egg fossils found in Jabalpur
Close on the heels of discovery of nearly 100 fossilised eggs of dinosaurs
in Dhar district of Madhya Pradesh, two eggs of this extinct species were
discovered by a professor and some students of a local college during a
study tour in the Simla Hills, close to the ordnance's Gun Carriage Factory

**  Rising Seas - Lyme Regis Fossil Festival 2007

**  Mosasaur Meeting
The Sternberg Museum of Natural History will host the Second Mosasaur
Meeting, May 3-6, 2007 in Hays, Kansas, USA.

DINOSAURNEWS webzine now read in 80 countries. Hundreds of Dinosaur Books,
The latest Dinosaur News, Dinosaur Games, Dinolinks and a Dinomall. Read
something ferocious this week: http://www.dinosaurnews.org

SEND US YOUR NEWS: Does your Museum have a dinosaur focus? Put us on your
media database. We welcome your news of events, discoveries and exhibitions

GET YOUR LOCAL MUSEUM TO ADD our RSS news feed to their web site, at this
address: http://www4.wave.co.nz/~jollyroger/dino2004/dinosaur.xml

What our readers say:
I must say first that I subscribe to your E-mail news letters and read them
voraciously for book ideas. The news blurbs are such a wonderful service to
us dino fanciers!
Christine Gentry - author of 'Mesozoic Murder 'and 'Carnosaur Crimes'

Thank you for an interesting, useful site. I recommend it to teachers who
continue to contact me after 6 years of retirement. I also volunteer at the
local science museum and recommend your site to the many children who visit
it.
Marvin Selnes, Sioux Falls, SD

Thank You for the excellent coverage you've given my ongoing research.
Best regards,
Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D., Affiliate Faculty, Idaho Museum of Natural
History