From:
Charles Rhyne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 1997 19:27:36 PST
Many subscribers to this list undoubtedly know about the conference "Museums
and the Web," being organized for March in Los Angeles (conference site with
paper abstracts available at <http://www.archimuse.com/conferenceTOC.html>).

This post is to request help with a paper I am preparing for the conference.
The paper focuses on high quality images useful for in-depth research.  I
should appreciate responses directly to my email address with the URL of any
site that contains especially high quality images (not necessarily museum sites
and not necessarily art sites).  Of course there are many other characteristics
of useful web sites, but for the moment I wish to focus on the quality of
individual images, the extent to which individual images are accurate and
detailed enough to serve the purposes of in-depth research.

Many thanks for your help,

Charles S. Rhyne
Professor, Art History
Reed College