From:
Suzanne Quigley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 1996 12:45:53 -0500
Hi all,

New York hotels?  I have spent several nights (in my pre-New Yorker days).
I'm not particularly afraid of mice, but who wants to watch TV with your
feet on the easy chair?  I don't like roaches much either,  and I feel
uncomfortable in a building where the doors and door jambs are split from
past break in attempts (in fairness - it may be from break in attempts long
ago because there are about 17 coats of paint where the wood is missing).
At the Guggenheim, we have  stopped putting couriers there.

By the way, the rates have gone up along with a new, unfriendly management.

>Try the Excelsior on 84th/85th between CPW and Columbus.  It's a residential
>hotel that also rents by the day:  a room (not very fancy but very adequate)
>will run you about $80, which is all you can hope for.

Suzanne Quigley
SRGM