From:
"Melinda Gilpin, Site Manager" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 14:22:29 -0400
Just an idea, but what about a "cafe only" membership?  Maybe regular
patrons can choose to pay an annual fee that entitles them to admission to
the cafe only, and it  might increase the number of visits from these type
of individuals.  If there are no plans to waive admission for the cafe only,
this may be a nice way of attracting more business and maintaining some
income from these patrons.

Personally, I doubt I'd pay admission to eat lunch somewhere on a regular
basis, but I might consider this type of membership if the cafe is a place I
enjoy spending time.  I'd also heavily push full museum membership to this
crowd - give them some type of "teaser" benefits (like one newsletter per
year instead of four, whatever) that shows them they are receiving only part
of what they could w/ full membership.
 Good Luck!