From:
Cailin Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2014 11:07:28 -0400
Hi Cindy,

Thank you for your comment, and you're completely right. I certainly did not mean to be exclusionary! NSF does stand for National Science Foundation. They are the U.S. federal agency tasked with promoting science and engineering research. The Broader Impacts clause stipulates that the proposed research must, in some way, positively impact or better the lives of the public. I have edited the abstract of the survey to reflect this.

In addition, I wanted to better indicate who should take this survey - which is anyone currently working or having previously worked in a museum. There are two "Demographic" questions - one asks about your profession/job, and one asks about the subject matter of your museum - that will help build a portfolio of current attitudes about using NSF in museums. For instance, please do not feel that you should not fill out the survey if you work in an art museum!

Thank everyone again for their help!
-Cailin Meyer
MA Candidate
Museum Studies - University of Kansas