Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 1995 11:09:00 UTC
Re: Terry Vidal's request for information on voting programs

Terry,

"History on the Hoof" recently developed a program (funded, in part, by the
Pennsylvania Humanities Council and the Bucks County Historical Society)
called "Votes for Women." The public presentation version features a stump
speech by a 1912 Suffragist, sing-along suffrage songs, and first-person
walk-around.  The state of women's rights is discussed as part and parcel
with voting.

We are currently working on a classroom version for elementary and junior
high schools which will include a lesson plan, role cards or debate
materials, and an additional character--an Irish policeman with an "anti"
view.

I will be a bit hard to reach from the 23rd to the 29th of July, but will be
happy to share our experiences with you--

Anyone else who is interested in the program should feel free to call or
drop us an e-mail.

Stacy

Stacy F. Roth                     |    [log in to unmask]
 Co-Director, History on the Hoof
 Visiting Scholar, Rutgers University
 P.O. Box 383                      |    Voice: (215) 943-1232
 Langhorne, PA 19047               |