From:
Roy Hemmat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 05:09:29 -0800
Greetings Dear List,

For those who have been "enjoying" .. (or perhaps simply pondering) .. the
progression of my museum info gateway site .. I have some good news:

I've finally worked out most of the details and squashed many bugs that
were holding up the release of the administration areas beyond the initial
beta group.

Why should you care? - Oh, allow me to count the ways:

(1) - Museums and related relevant organizations may now create password
protected admin accounts for managing their information .. this includes
general info as well as the ability to post and edit EVENTS, NEWS ITEMS,
ARTICLES, etc.

(2) - Unlimited .. (well, within reason) .. sub-accounts may be created
for individuals within your organization .. various job titles/functions
may have differing publishing needs .. thus, I created the multi-account
protocol.

(3) - Individuals and consultants may also create memebr accounts .. and
create sub-accounts for each organization they may be associated with .. a
nice program for those industrious individuals who are involved with more
than one organization and wish to manage all through a single convenient
gateway.

(4) - Free .. it's all free folks .. I do offer an upgrade for a nominal
fee .. but FULLY FUNCTIONAL administration accounts are provided at no
cost beyond your time.

(5) - Worth the effort on your part .. MuseumStuff.com has been online
since 1999 .. well over 10,000 individual pages and data gateways have
been hammered into the web's most popular search engines .. the site is
visited by 1000's of museum "fans and aficianados" every day .. if you
wish to take advantage of all of my hard work without spending a dime .. I
welcome you to do so.

It's an interesting project .. continually evolving and improving based on
feedback from the public and participating organizations .. the admin
areas will likely require refinement over the next few weeks .. there will
be some aspects of it that will have you scratching your head in
bewilderment (my apologies) .. if you experience problems either creating
your initial member account, or subsequent organization accounts .. please
feel free to "hollar at the webmaster".

To get started, you will find an overview of the administration and member
program here:

http://www.museumstuff.com/admin/index.html

--
Roy Hemmat
Director, Discovery Media

** 1000's of museums and educational links
now available through our award-winning gateway