From:
Boylan P <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 00:38:17 +0000
On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, Chloe Kraemer wrote:

> I am searching for a graduate degree in Museum Studies at a program abroad
> in England.  Does anyone know of a good program there and is the degree
> considered the same as one from the U.S.?

=======================

Those accredited by both the (UK) Cultural Heritage National Training
Organisation (CHNTO), and by the Museums Association include:

(1) One year Master's in Museum Studies courses at the Universities of
Leicester, Newcastle, St. Andrews (Scotland) and at the Institute of
Archaeology, University College, University of London;

(2) One year post-experience MA in Museum & Gallery Management at City
University, London

(3) There are also consdierable numbers of Doctoral research students at
both Leicester (Museum Studies) and City (Museum Policy & Management)

All have course info etc. on their respective university web sites, and
all have a long record of success with American and other overseas
students both during their courses and in subsequent employment "back
home" afterwards.

Patrick J. Boylan
(Professor of Heritage Policy and Management)

City University, London,
Department of Arts Policy and Management
Frobisher Crescent, Barbican, London EC2Y 8HB, UK;
phone: +44-20-7477.8750, fax:+44-20-7477.8887;
Home: 38 Kingsmead Road, Leicester LE2 3YB, UK

phone & fax: +44-(0)116-288.5186
E-mail: [log in to unmask];  Web site: http://www.city.ac.uk/artspol/