From:
Cassie Dieterich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2007 15:16:14 -0500
Hello,
   I am a graduate student of history and museum studies at Tufts
University, and I'm researching a report on ambient music in museum
galleries and exhibitions.  If you have the time, I would really
appreciate your input on the following questions:

1. In what type of museum (art, history, science) are you employed or
speaking about?  Please include the name and location of the museum,
if you feel so inclined.
2. Does your institution play ambient music in your galleries, for
either permanent or special exhibitions? Please give a brief
description of the gallery/exhibition environment created by the
inclusion of music.
3. If so, how has it been received by your visitors?  Please include
any helpful details about visitor surveys, program evaluations, etc.
3. If your institution does not play ambient music, why?  Was it ever
attempted in the past?

I really appreciate your time in answering these questions as I know
you are all very busy.  Please send all responses to this email,

Thank you so much!
Cassie Dieterich