From:
Timothy Vitale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 1996 05:53:39 -0600
On may 15, I sent some information on an conservation list server to
MUSEUM-L that was technically correct, but not specifically correct:

>There should be people willing to share their experience on Cons DistList
which >can be subscribed to, in the normal manner, at
>[log in to unmask]  ConsDist List is an open subscription
>conservation information listserv with an extensive archive and database
called >CoOL (Conservation On Line).  Basic site information:

From: homo obsolescensis <[log in to unmask]>, Walter Henry, owner of
the DistList the folowing was sent via another list on the same subject
(slightly edited here):

>The DistList is closed, you had to fill out a questionnaire
>to get on the list. It is open to "people professionally involved with
>the conservation of museum, library, and archive materials" and that
>is, as will be obvious to anyone who looks at the range of people
>involved, interpreted literally.

Timothy Vitale
Consulting Conservator
(Paper Conservator)