From:
Michele Ronnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Dec 1994 11:55:50 EST
I was wondering if anyone had any information on "cast" collections that
may still exist around the country/world.  I have checked with the Detroit
Institute of Arts and their "cast" collection is mainly gone.  I also heard
about a travelling exhibit, but didn't get any more details.  Any info would
be greatly appreciated.  Thanks very much.

By the way, a "cast" collection is a collection of copies/reproductions of
famous sculptures.  These were popular around the turn of the century and
allowed people all over the world to view castings of those sculptures.

Michele Ronnick
Dept. of Greek and Latin
Wayne State University
Detroit, MI

of famous sculptures.  These were popular around the turn of hte century
and allowed people all over the world to view castings of those sculptures.

Michele Ronnick
Dept. of Greek and Latin
Wayne State University
Detroit, MI