From:
Max van Balgooy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Dec 1996 22:42:20 -0800
I concur with suggestions made by the previous authors to consider using
the MARC format and such widely used authorities as LCSH and ATT.  At
the Homestead Museum (Industry, CA) and the Chaffey Communities Cultural
Center (Upland, CA) we are striving to create a unified catalog for
objects, books, and archives to aid both collections management and
scholarly research.  We are currently investigating a software program
called History Database, which is in use by several museums, historical
societies, and libraries in southern California.  I believe History
Database has a website.  You may wish to also view the MARC site at the
Library of Congress.

Max van Balgooy, Asst. Director
Homestead Museum
(818) 968-8492