From:
Stephanie Rohwer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2007 23:28:25 -0600
Hello everyone,

Like Dawn, who posted on Friday, I am doing an assignment for the same
collections management class where we were given a hypothetical situation
that we have to decide on our best course of action.  My situation involves
a long-term loan with no paperwork.  The lender is known and a descendant
has attempted in the past to claim the object, who has since "gone missing"
in recent years.  To complicate the issue further, the Board of Trustees
believes the object is owned by another organization, who is loaning the
object, not this descendant.  Since there is a lack of paperwork to
accompany the loan, one can't be sure of ownership.  My approach is going to
be to search for the descendant in order to make contact with him or her and
determine clear title.  In general, I was wondering what would be your best
course of action but mainly, what advice could you all offer as to how to
deal with the Board?

Thank you all for your help, in advance.  I posted here last semester with a
question for an assignment and all of your answers were extremely helpful.
Have a great week,

Stephanie Rohwer
student of Tufts University Museum Studies Program

Rates near 39yr lows!  $430K Loan for $1,399/mo - Paying Too Much? Calculate
new payment
http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-18226&moid=7581