From:
STUD David Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 1998 13:57:45 -0500
My point exactly.  Still, Ripley's is useful to considerations of the
museum as entertainment, and--as indicated in my reply to the original
questioner on the Feejee mermaid--to the history of hoax exhibits, both in
the sense of the feejee mermaid hoax, and in Ripley's old chain-wide
reproduction of artifacts and events both actual and spurious.  There's
both humor and a point here for the adventurous scholar.