From:
Jessica Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 1994 24:07:00 CDT
I would like to echo the comments of others and say that I agree that
collections concerns should stay a part of this list and not move elsewhere.
Just because the collections people are lurking doesn't mean we're not out
there. So let's start talking about collections concerns on the list.   The
TYVEK query and information over the last week or so was a good one.  I'll try
to start another one here with questions - Why is it that collections
responsibilities and education/exhibit concerns have become some separated in
modern museum institutions?  Should we be worried about this dichotomy?  When
the public face of a museum through exhibits, publications, parties doesn't
reflect what's happening in the bowels what does that mean about the
institution? When collections concerns don't take into account public
responsibility, what does that mean?  Just a few thoughts, comments please?

Jessie Johnson
Texas Memorial Museum