ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Amareswar Galla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 22:11:24 +0100
Dear colleagues,

I have just emerged from a tele meeting with Mr. Agrawal and we have
now agreed to thirty scholarships for people who are keen on culture
and heritage in sustainable development. So please write to Mr.
Agrawal below with an expression of your interest and an indication
of the culture and heritage in development experience you would
bring to the workshop, which is shaping to be exciting and
innovative. After the first day's formalities you will get into the
thick of a case study that you will never forget.

Please remember that you have to bring yourself to either New Delhi
or Calcutta by the time of the workshop, which is from 13-18th
January. The scholarship covers all your travel from either New
Delhi or Calcutta to Darjeeling by first class sleeper coach rail on
a luxury Indian train and then all your local accommodation and
hospitality and then take you back to either New Delhi or Calcutta.
If you want to stay longer and see India etc. (Eg.Taj Mahal, another
World Heritage Area) the travel agency can help you but you have to
cover your own costs after the workshop.

Several of the scholarships are already being taken so hurry up and
write to secure your sponsorship. You can be from any country in the
world, yes even, North America or Europe and still get a scholarship
if you make it in time.

Please send me a copy of your expression of interest to both Mr.
Agrawal and myself at the following addresses:

We even have some limited interpretation available in Spanish and
Catalonian, thanks to one of the delegates. Any French speaking
volunteers will be welcome to help us.

All the best,

Amar Galla,
Chairperson, ICOM Asia Pacific - ASPAC