ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Boylan P <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 17:16:38 +0100
Regular users of the City University Arts Policy & Management web site
(www.city.ac.uk/artspol/) and of the International Council of Museums
(ICOM) Training Committee and Resources (ICTOP) (www.icom.org/ictop/ or
www.city.ac.uk/ictop/) will know that there have been many breakdowns in
recent months due to power failures caused by the huge amount of new
construction works currently going on in our part of the City of London.

To avoid these web failures in future we are setting up an external web
server which will provide a full back-up and continuity of service through
power failures caused by e.g. careless digger drivers cutting power
cables etc. in future.

However, this means that four about 12 hours on Monday 2nd these sites may
not be available.

Apologies for this - but at least the shut-down is planned this time, and
the aim is to ensure that these problems donīt disrupt access in the
future.

Patrick Boylan