ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
LynneTeather <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ICOM Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 13:16:02 -0500
One way that younger members might be attracted to ICOM is for our museum
studies educational places (schools, associations, institutes) to emphasize
the work of ICOM and its many committees and affiliated groups. I'm afraid
my experience is that such is often not the case, especially in North
America.

I might suggest that members active in ICOM earnestly seek out professors of
such programs or courses and offer to talk about ICOM work.
For a good list of such programs, see Patrick Boylan's ICTOP page
http://www.city.ac.uk/ictop/

Thanks,
Lynne Teather,
Museum Studies Program,