ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Grattan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 14:10:34 -0400
Dear Christoff,

Disabiliity acess as required by the Candaian Carter of humand rights and
feeedoms is written into the building code - that is the standard which all
new buildings must meet. This is a legally binding requirement.

http://www.odacommittee.net/ODA_Bill_125_gov1.html

In the above web site you will find a revision of the Ontario building code
currently being contemplated (Other Provinces of Canada are similar) - the
object is to further increase access for people with disabilities.

David