ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jim Czarniecki <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Czarniecki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 May 1998 12:10:48 -0500
A2D: You may wish to subscribe to Museum-L or Museum-Ed, both of which have the
type of discussion you are seeking . . .

I, for one, applaud the debate presently occuring on ICOM-L and am already on
record with my thoughts in a presentation sponsored by the Commission on Museums
for a New Century that I gave at the 1984 AAM Annual Meeting.

I believed then that the single greatest threat to museums--and the values we as
a profession espouse--is the nuclear threat and the arms races that propogate
it. This especially had to be said in the "Evil Empire" atmosphere that poisoned
so much at that time.

The events of the last 10 days unfortunately have the potential to wipe out many
of the arms control gains of the past 10 years. ICOM should take a strong
position, condem the tests by India, and remain vigilant.

Best, Jim Czarniecki

\
Responding to the message of  <[log in to unmask]>
from ICOM Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>:

> Wow!  I joined this list because I love museums and want to learn more about
> them.  Can't we move on to a topic that has something to do with museums?
>
> How about creating a library full of information, successful examples,
> guidelines, etc., on creating, managing and improving museums on the web?
> Its
> a better topic than the evils of weapons of mass destruction.  Does anyone
> know of anything like this on the web?
>
> .

M.J.Czarniecki III                      Cultural Planning & Programming for
Principal & CEO                            Organizations and Communities
S/RI Cultural Planners                         * * * * * * * * * * *
123 Farrington                         Program Planning, Financial Planning,
Saint Paul  MN  USA                         and Facilities Planning for
55102.2101                                     Cultural Institutions